To view the previous Privacy Statement for this website, please click Privacy Statement
(If you are a CA resident, this statement includes your California Privacy Rights)
Welcome to the ChooseHealthy program website, ChooseHealthy.com. ChooseHealthy is a discount affinity and personal health improvement program. ChooseHealthy is designed to provide individuals with discount affinity services and an evidence-based educational resource for fitness planning and health related lifestyle improvement. ChooseHealthy is made available through American Specialty Health Administrators, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated ("ASH").
ChooseHealthy values its users and respects their privacy. ChooseHealthy is committed to using personal information responsibly.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement the terms "We" and "Our" refer to ChooseHealthy and ChooseHealthy.com, and the terms "User" or "You" mean an authorized user of the ChooseHealthy.com.
ChooseHealthy will not release, sell, rent, or trade your personal information to any third party without your permission, except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, or to protect our own rights and properties, or as outlined in this Privacy Statement.
You should read and familiarize yourself with this Privacy Statement and with our Terms & Conditions. When you use our site, you agree to abide by these Terms & Conditions. For any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us directly. ChooseHealthy will respond to any questions within 10 business days from the date of receipt. Contact ChooseHealthy through any means noted at the end of this Privacy Statement. If information practices change, ChooseHealthy will post the revised policy on ChooseHealthy.com or will notify users through direct communication.
CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
ChooseHealthy does not track ChooseHealthy.com users across third party websites, nor does it allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information on ChooseHealthy.com.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “shine the light” law), California residents have a right to request an information-sharing disclosure from a business to which they have provided personal information and which has disclosed the information to any third party for third-party direct marketing uses in the prior calendar year.
We do not knowingly share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing use without your permission. California residents may send requests for information-sharing disclosure under this law by emailing ChooseHealthy at HIPAA@ashn.com. Please note that, under this law, we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any requests that are not sent to the above-designated email address.
What kind of personal information does ChooseHealthy.com collect and how is it collected?
- When you register on ChooseHealthy.com, we collect your name, date of birth, phone number, email address, and mailing address.
- In the Nominate a Provider section, you have the option of providing us with your name. You are not required to submit your name during the nomination process. We also give you the option of sharing your name with the provider you are nominating. ChooseHealthy will only share your name with the provider if you give us authorization to do so.
- In the Ask an Expert section, you have the option to submit a question regarding general health education and receive an answer from a practitioner in the appropriate specialty. This feature is designed to provide general educational information only, and is not intended to provide medical advice of any kind. Responses from practitioners within the “Ask and Expert” feature are not automated, so we may use the information you provide in your question to respond with general educational information.
- If you use the Contact Us page of ChooseHealthy.com to submit a comment, inquiry or request to us, we collect your name, phone number, e-mail address, and your comment or inquiry message.
- Additionally, we may collect demographic information from ChooseHealthy.com members, such as registration information, age, gender, as well as users’ IP addresses (which are numerical numbers that are automatically assigned to users’ computers and mobile devices when they use the Internet) and information obtained by tracking the "clickstreams" from usage of ChooseHealthy.com (page requests, pages visited, content viewed, clicks and search queries made, etc.).
How do we use information collected on ChooseHealthy.com
We use information collected on ChooseHealthy.com to enable users to access and use the ChooseHealthy program tools and features provided on ChooseHealthy.com. For example:
- Registration Information: If you register on ChooseHealthy.com, we will use your registration information to set up, administer, service, and communicate with you regarding your account. If you choose to receive e-mail from us or our partners, we may use your registration information to send you newsletters and to inform you about special offers or events that might interest you. We will not knowingly sell, rent, or trade the personal information we collect, or that you have entered into ChooseHealthy.com. However, we may learn of the third parties who provide products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you have agreed to receive e-mail from us, we may notify you on such third parties' behalf. You always have the option to change your mind about receiving emails from ChooseHealthy.com. Simply follow the unsubscribe directions in the footer of our newsletters and promotional emails.
- If you use the Nominate a Provider feature, we may give your name to the provider you nominate if you provide your consent for us to do so.
- If you use the Ask an Expert feature to ask a general health education question, we may use the information you provide in your question to enable the practitioner in the chosen specialty to respond with general educational information.
- If you use the Contact Us page of ChooseHealthy.com, we will use your information to process and respond to your comment, inquiry, or request.
- We use demographic information, IP addresses and clickstream data collected on ChooseHealthy.com for internal purposes, such as improving ChooseHealthy.com and associated tools and features, measuring and analyzing ChooseHealthy.com user interests, traffic, and usage patterns, etc.
Under what circumstances do we share user information collected on ChooseHealthy.com with third parties?
- We may share demographic and registration information with third parties, in a non-personal, aggregate form only. If your membership is sponsored by a corporation or other third party, we may share information with that party in aggregate form only. For example, we may report to that third party participation information about its members using ChooseHealthy.com services, or the frequency of their collective use. This information will not identify you personally, and we will not provide any personal information to any corporation or any third party. We do not share personally identifiable information with your employer.
We may also share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- as reasonably necessary to enable third-party service providers to provide services and support for the operation and maintenance of ChooseHealthy.com and associated tools and features;
- as reasonably necessary to comply with law or legal process (including a court or government order or subpoena);
- as reasonably necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- as reasonably necessary to enforce this Privacy Statement and/or the Terms & Conditions for ChooseHealthy.com;
- as reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of ASH and ChooseHealthy, our members and users, and/or the public.
Amazon.com Website Link
- ChooseHealthy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.This means that ChooseHealthy may earn advertising fees based on your purchases on the Amazon.com Website once you click on the Amazon.com link from the ChooseHealthy Website.
- ChooseHealthy will not share individually identifiable health information with Amazon or any other third party in connection with use of the Amazon feature.
- For more on Links, please see the Terms & Conditions of this Website.
Can users opt out of collection of personal information on ChooseHealthy.com?
No. The functionality of some features on ChooseHealthy.com may require that we collect and receive certain personal information from and about participants registered on ChooseHealthy.com. Accordingly, if you do not wish to have your personal information collected or received by us, you should not use features of ChooseHealthy.com that request your information.
Can users access, update, and delete their information collected on ChooseHealthy.com?
You may change or delete your personal information that you entered during the registration process at any time by logging on to the site and reviewing your registration information. Submit and save any updates to your information.
NOTE: Except as expressly otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement, and except where applicable law provides otherwise, member information (including personal health information and other personally identifiable information) collected on ChooseHealthy.com cannot be deleted or removed from our database and will be retained for a minimum of 10 years in accordance with our record retention policy. User accounts, however, may be disabled upon written request, using the contact information provided at the end of this Privacy Statement.
How can users opt out of receiving certain communications from us?
If you have provided your email address, postal address, and/or telephone number to us, you may opt out of receiving marketing/promotional communications from us by using the contact information provided at the end of this Privacy Statement. To stop receiving marketing/promotional communications via email, you can also use the “unsubscribe” link contained in a marketing/promotional email you have previously received from us. Please note that email unsubscribe requests may take up to 30 days to process once received.
For users who have requested to be removed from our email, postal mail, and/or telephone contact lists, once their requests are processed, we will maintain an internal do-not-contact list to ensure that the request is honored.
NOTE: Your opt-out regarding our marketing/promotional communications will not stop our communications of a transactional or member relation nature or as required by law (e.g., communications regarding your ChooseHealthy.com account or your participation in the ChooseHealthy program, communications in response to a request or inquiry you have made with us, notices regarding material changes to ChooseHealthy.com or our information practices, notices regarding an actual or suspected security breach that affects your information stored by or for us, etc.)
How does ChooseHealthy.com protect the privacy of minors?
We are concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet. ChooseHealthy.com is not intended for use by persons under the age of majority (e.g., under the age of 18 in California). If we become aware that a user is under the age of 18 and has provided personal information to us without prior parental consent, we will remove all information provided by such underage user from our database.
ChooseHealthy.com will protect your privacy as described in this Privacy Statement, however, you should keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online, especially confidential health information, it is possible that despite our efforts, information may be accessible by others. You can help guard against this by not giving anyone else access to your personal computer, such as a friend or family member.
For more information on how to manage cookies, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
To manage Adobe Local Shared Objects (also known as LSOs or Flash cookies), visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
We may also use “web beacons” (also known as “clear GIFs,” “pixel tags,” etc.) – which are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails – to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We may include web beacons in emails to help us recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, web beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive web beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
How do we safeguard user information?
In order to maintain the confidentiality of and safeguard the security of personal information of ChooseHealthy.com members, we enforce strict company-wide policies regarding member information privacy, security, and confidentiality.
We have an organizational commitment to protecting member information privacy and security. All employees who work for ChooseHealthy.com are made aware of security policies and practices through employee orientation and annual refresher training. Personal information of ChooseHealthy.com registrants is stored in an isolated database with tightly restricted access. Employees authorized to view this information are authenticated prior to gaining such access. We review web security on an ongoing basis. In addition to daily security administration and response activities, ChooseHealthy.com undergoes an overall security review on an annual basis.
ChooseHealthy.com uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology to protect the security of members’ personal information. You will see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending on the browser used) in the upper part of the browser window when TLS is active and the server is secure. The URL line of the browser will also contain "https" instead of "http". When you register on ChooseHealthy.com, your account/profile information will be transmitted to us in encrypted form and your registration will be assigned a unique User ID to which only our authorized employees will have access.
What is ChooseHealthy.com’s policy regarding links to other websites and services?
What is ChooseHealthy editorial policy?
View ChooseHealthy Editorial Policy Statement
How to contact ChooseHealthy.com for questions?
Questions may be submitted online using ChooseHealthy.com's Contact Us page. ChooseHealthy.com is available through American Specialty Health Incorporated ("ASH"), a privately held corporation. All ChooseHealthy.com site operations are conducted and maintained by staff affiliated with ASH. ASH is a Delaware corporation domiciled in California, with the corporate office located at 10221 Wateridge Circle, San Diego, CA 92121.
- U.S. Mail: ChooseHealthy Customer Service P.O. Box 509040 San Diego, CA 92150-9040
- Phone: (877) 335-2746
- E-mail: email@example.com
ASH reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement at any time by posting its new policy on the Website. Modifications shall be effective when they are posted on this Website. Such posting shall constitute notice to you. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any such modifications on this Website will mean you accept and agree to be bound by such modifications.
Any changes to this Privacy Statement that affect the use of your personally identifiable information will not be applied to you until your continued use of this Website following the posting of any such modifications of this Privacy Statement to the Website, or until you have otherwise consented to the modifications.
We encourage you to check the Website regularly to see if we have made any modifications to this Privacy Statement.